Another delicious recipe I modified from the Pampered Chef 29 Minutes to Dinner cookbook.
1 lb beef flank steak (much more affordable than other cuts of steak)
1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
1/4 cup cilantro
4 oz queso
2 tbsp A.1. steak sauce
2 tbsp hot sauce
1/4 cup butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat grill pan over medium-high heat. Add approximately 1 tbsp olive oil to heated pan. Season both sides of steak with salt and pepper. Cook each side of steak approximately 4 minutes.
2. Place pan in oven and roast 5-7 minutes.
3. As steak cooks, start rice. Cook according to package directions. Chop cilantro while rice and steak cook.
4. Combine A.1. and hot sauce in small bowl. Add juice from lime, 1 tbsp cilantro, and butter to A.1., hot sauce, mix well.
5. To finish rice, mix in queso. Once queso is mixed in well, add remaining cilantro.
6. Microwave butter mixture on high 20 seconds or until melted. Cut steak into slices (I made the mistake of doing this before cooking the steak but it still turned out fine). To plate add slices of steak, drizzle with butter, serve with rice as side dish. I did not measure the queso or cilantro but eyeballed it, about 1/4 small jar of queso, a large handful of cilantro. The measurements included are from the original recipe.
This was a new recipe for my family this week and was a big hit with everyone, especially the rice. Hubby took some pictures for me but unfortunately they didn't turn out. We are headed camping this weekend so I'll be back Monday or Tuesday to catch up on everyone's holiday weekend adventures and hopefully have a few of my own to post.
Happy Memorial Day!