1 TBSP olive oil
1 1/4 lb ground beef
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp steak seasoning (McCormick Montreal Seasoning)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium bell pepper chopped, any color
1 TBSP red wine vinegar
1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
1 - 15oz can tomato sauce
2 TBSP tomato paste
Hamburger buns or rolls (enough for your family)
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add oil to pan, about enough for once around the pan.
3. Add ground beef and begin to brown.
4. Combine brown sugar and steak seasoning with ground beef in skillet.
5. Once meat has browned add onion and bell pepper. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add vinegar, stirring briefly to reduce, then add Worcestershire, tomato sauce, and tomato paste, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 5 minutes longer.
7. To serve, scoop sloppy joe mixture onto buns or rolls. Enjoy!
Tips: I usually cook by feel and measure very little, a pinch of that, a handful of this, I just estimate. Be careful with doing that with this recipe until you are familiar with it. The first time I made it I put two big handfuls of brown sugar instead of measuring and the entire little can of tomato paste. The sloppy joes turned out yummy but distinctly sweet. The second time I measured everything and the flavor was less sweet and more on par with a traditional sloppy joe. This is one of my kids new favorite dishes.