I am not one for resolution setting but I do like setting goals for myself throughout the year and working towards those goals. My life has taken twists and turns that I would've never expected but I know God has big plans for me and my family and I know 2011 is going to bring great things for us.
My 2011 Goals:
1) Be debt free except for student loans! No more car payments, no more credit card payments! Hubby and I are on track to be debt free except for our students loans by the end of June 2011. We have worked and strived hard to meet this goal. Our student loans will be next on the list!
2) Become homeowners! We're tired of renting, rates are low, and we will be free of car and credit card payments. Besides we'll be turning 29 and 32 this year. I think it's about time we owned our piece of the American Dream (whatever that means).
3) Be ready to start trying for a baby. I've been wanting another baby for a long time but I've been patiently waiting while we get some things in order (see goal 1 and 2). In May, Nate and I will be celebrating our 3 year wedding anniversary. Hopefully by the end of 2011 we'll be ready to at least start trying for a baby.
4) Run a half marathon. In 2010, I ran my first 5K and my first 10K. I am planning to start training for a spring half marathon in February. If that goes well a marathon my even be in the cards for fall 2011, we will see.
5) Eat healthier, exercise more, and lose 10 pounds. I've gained 7 pounds since July, yikes! With a fluctuation of 2-3 pounds for water weight that still is significant. I definitely I am going to lose 8 pounds and get to a healthier weight for myself. Those last two pounds have always nagged me and I think this is the year to bid them farewell as well.
6) Attend Sunday church worship at least twice per month. I strongly feel that your relationship with God is not dependent upon how often you attend church but I like church. It's uplifting, it's encouraging, I learn a lot, and so do the kids. Now we seem to only make it about once a month with Nate's traveling for work and other various activities. In 2011, I want to commit to at least twice per month.
7) Post new content to my blog 3 times per week. I am at this weird place with my blog. I have been blogging for over 2 years now and in no way want to give it up, yet I struggle to find the time to post. I have all these good ideas swirling around in my head and no time to publish them. My goal for 2011 is 3 posts per week.
8) Manage my time better. Be on time more. I am not the best time manager. I often try to do about 5 things at once, get a little bit of each of them done, and nothing done completely. In 2011, I want to try to improve on this. I also tend to run late to everything. Being timely is an important life skill and I need to improve in that area.
9) Save more money and spend money wisely. In 2011, I want to find ways to save our family more money and spend the money we do have wisely. Whether it be cutting our grocery bill down or eating out less. We live on a fairly reasonable budget but there is always room for improvement.
10) Travel to my heart's content. 2010 was a great year for travel for me and my family. We took a trip to California and visited family, friends, and spent 3 days at Disneyland, in March. In July the kids and I took a road trip to Colonial Williamsburg, Wilmington, NC, and to visit my dad just north of Charlotte, NC. In August, we spent two weeks in Colorado, visiting family and friends and having fun. In December, Nate and I took a ski trip to Colorado. I hope 2011 holds more traveling adventures for us, including exploring some new places.
So what are your goals for 2011?