Monday, October 26, 2009
Not Me! Monday
I am joining in with MckMama over at My Charming Kids this Monday admitting to what we did NOT do this week.
1) I did NOT secretly hope both girls soccer games would get rained out Saturday. There was NOT an 80% chance of rain. It did not rain out the games but just made the inside of our house miserably humid. I am NOT a bad soccer mom but was hosting a Halloween party for 25 of my closest Maryland friends and had a lot to get done.
2) I did NOT want my Halloween party to be a cutesy and themed and NOT really ask anyone to bring anything even after they offered. This would be a ridiculous idea since after soccer and cleaning this mommy of three had plenty of time to make all sort of dishes from scratch.
3) Due to #2 hubby did NOT end up making almost all my cutesy recipes for the party and I ended up scraping two of the recipes at the last moment.
4) I did NOT spend a chunk of the party holding our neighbor's baby who is 1 day younger than the twins I watch. You would think 36 hours per week shoved into 9 hour days would be plenty of baby holding for me. Of course not, as hubby said "She loves babies."
5) At the end of the party I did NOT feel a little sentimental. Hosting a party and playing Cranium made Maryland feel a bit more like home, which is a good feeling. I still don't have any girlfriends I can just call to go to coffee or see a movie. Hubby does work with a great group of people who have awesome significant others and we have some great neighbors. I just have to continue to extend the invitation to some of these people and I know the relationships will continue to grow.
6) Feeling sentimental did NOT at the same time make me miss my Colorado girlfriends and their husbands and all our fun and crazy times, some of which involved drinking beer and playing Cranium.
So what have you NOT been doing this week?