Apple cider is such a yummy fall treat. I have served it before but I found a recipe on allrecipes.com and modified it and ended up with total deliciousness, enjoy!
Crock Pot (medium-large size)
1 gallon apple cider (not juice, cider)
1 soup sock (or mesh bag, cheesecloth, to enclose spices)
1 orange peel
1 lemon peel
3 cinnamon sticks
12 whole allspice berries
12 whole cloves
1. Pour apple cider into crock pot and set to low setting (if it is less than an hour until you are serving the cider bump up the setting to high and then turn down to low before serving).
2. Peel orange with potato peeler. You want the peel in big chunks not just the zest so don't zest it. Orange is not needed for recipe, eat as a snack or save for later.
3. Peel lemon with potato peeler, same as orange. Lemon is not needed for recipe, just peel.
4. Put orange and lemon peel into soup sock, along with cinnamon sticks, allspice berries, and cloves.
5. Tie off soup sock and hang end out the side of crock pot so you can discard later.
6. Put lid on crock pot and let the flavors simmer.
Enjoy! My kids, party guests, and I loved this!
Tip: Whole allspice berries, cinnamon sticks, and whole cloves are all found in the baking aisle with the spices. All three items were expensive at my grocery store so they are worth picking up when they go on sale or buying from a super center. I saw twice the quantity of cinnamon sticks at half the price two days later at Costco. I guess that is what I get for waiting until the last minute.